Surveys  >  Party Wall Surveyors

If you or a neighbour are planning to carry out building work it is likely that you will need the services of a Party Wall Surveyor, particularly if excavations are included, work is planned near or on a boundary line, or walls are to be removed in flats. The ‘Party Wall etc. Act 1996’ identifies the type of work which must have Party Wall Consent from adjoining owners prior to building work commencing and the procedures which must be followed.

H T Partnership has experience in issuing the legally required Notices, liaising with adjoining owners and acting as Party Wall Surveyors to prepare a Party Wall Award. Typically this requires acting on an impartial basis to draw up accurate Schedules of Condition, describing in detail the proposed work, and how and when it will be carried out. This is all prior to the commencement of building work. The Party Wall Award provides a reliable and legally binding document protecting everyone's interest.

As Structural Engineers, H T Partnership has extensive knowledge of building and construction and is therefore ideally suited to offer advice on the complexities of Party Wall matters.

Please see left for an example of a site requiring HT Partnership to act as Party Wall Surveyors.